QuickBooks is an astounding accounting software solution that assists the users in carrying out many indispensable financial management tasks quite efficiently in no time but being a software mechanism like other applications, QuickBooks also emerges with errors & issues that may hinder the smooth workflow of the software and today’s article is about one such error called QuickBooks Error PS033. Now, let’s learn in detail about its potential causes and how we can troubleshoot this error code.
What is QB Error Code PS033?
This QB Error PS033 generally crops up when there is a disabled file in the CPS Directory. As a consequence, a user may not be able to download the latest payroll updates and also can not open the company file either.
Possible Causes Of QB Error PS033
- Under the scenarios when your QuickBooks desktop file is damaged.
- When your QuickBooks data is corrupted because of some reason.
- If you have not updated your QuickBooks software to its latest version.
- When your Payroll service is not activated.
- If the status displays on QuickBooks Desktop as “Invalid number or EIN.”
- This error also triggers if your latest version of Windows is not compatible with QB desktop
Effective Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QB Error PS033
Technique 1: Try To Update Payroll Software
- Firstly, you are required to click on the Get Payroll Updates option in Employees then click on the Get Payroll Updates option.
- Later, press “Download Entire Payroll Update”.
- After completing this process, choose the Update option.
Technique 2: Rename the CPS Folder
- First adhere to this path as “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll.”
- While being in the directory, find CPS Folder.
- Then, rename this CPS folder to “CP SOLD”.
- Now, QuickBooks tax table payroll requires updating.
Method 3: Deactivate User Account Control
- Navigate to user accounts.
- Then, change the User Account Control Settings.
- Immediately after that, Disable User Account Control.
Hopefully, you might have rectified this QuickBooks Error PS033 successfully with aforementioned troubleshooting steps. If you still have any doubts regarding this issue, simply connect to our QB experts at +1-855-533-6333, and get benefited with efficient solutions. Our experts are available by 24*7, constant.