While trying to access the company file located on another system. If you would have come across the message display – QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that system. Don’t worry, Consider this article to learn how to get rid of such issues & why it occurs? Basically, this happens due to QuickBooks error h202 The error belongs to h-series & is associated with multi-user mode access.
What brings error H202 in QuickBooks?
- Incorrect host file configuration settings.
- Firewall blocks the communication.
- Missing QB error H202 port.
- Incompatibility issue of QB Database server Manager with DNS server.
- Damaged service components in QB.
Efficient ways to fix QB error H202
Follow the given instructions carefully to resolve QB error H202:
Step 1. Verify Network connectivity Testing & Calibration
- Go to QuickBooks & Click on File menu.
- Choose Utilities & turn on Hosting.
- Press windows Key & Enter This PC on the QuickBooks host computer.
- Double click on Network option to examine, if all the networks are visible.
- From the QB Host or server computer, Ping to all the work stations.
- Ping the QB server/Host from the computer displaying QB error H202.
- From the Command prompt Ping Command syntax: ping [computer name] & Hit enter.
Step 2. Configure QuickBooks Database server Manager
- Press Window+R altogether from keyboard & enter msc.
- Choose Services Icon.
- Go through the list of services & select QuickBooks DBxx.
- Double click on QBDBxx services.
- To disable the service, click on Stop.
- From the drop down menu, select the service start option as Automatic.
- Open QB & try to open the file again.