Preoccupied with QuickBooks error 6073. Here’s how you can fix the error. In this blog, you will come to know everything in detail about What is Qb error 6073? Why does it occur? & What to do next when error pops up? Follow the blog carefully to fix error 6073 with an easy solution.
Why does QB error 6073 occur?
Qb error 6073 usually occurs when a user attempts to open the company file(.qbw) in a multi-user mode but fails to do so. This error should fix as soon as possible otherwise it can bring further issues leading to data loss.
- The file is open to another system in a single user mode.
- File is presented in a read only network folder.
- The folder is hosted on a linux server & is using more than multi-user sign-in credentials to login in to a shared folder.
- The file is available using a remote operating system (LogMeIn GoToMyPC, etc) & the host PC views it as the user is currently logged in.
Efficient Ways to Resolve QuickBooks error 6073
Follow these efficient ways to overcome QuickBooks error code 6073 –
Step 1. Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Run Qb file doctor to fix error 6073 in QuickBooks.
Step 2. Renaming of Network data file with .ND extensions
- Do Right-click on the Start to open Windows Explorer
- Search the folder that consists of the file you want to open.
- .ND extension corresponding to .QBW extension, do right click to select rename.
- Now Add OLD at the end of the .ND extension as .ndold and Hit Enter to update the changes.
- After this, go to QuickBooks and attempt to open the Company file.
With the above given solutions, you can easily fix error 6073. In case of finding any difficulty give a call to our QB experts at +1-855-533-6333