QuickBooks is a versatile accounting software product, equipped with various enhanced features, especially tailored to cater industry-specific financial needs. But from time-to-time, QuickBooks emerges with technical bugs & faults like every other application and in today’s blog, we are going to discuss one such error called QuickBooks Error 15270. Now let’s learn more about it in detail.
What Is QB Error 15270?
QB Error 15270 mainly takes place when you are trying to update payroll into QuickBooks. Then, an error message pops-up stating “Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file”.
What Are The Potential Causes Of QB Error 15270?
- This error occurs because of incomplete download of update files.
- When User Account Settings is turned on.
- When the Internet Explorer is not the default browser.
- When there are corrupted QuickBooks program files, it is because program files are not perfectly copied from the installation source, as a result, error 15270 occurs.
Efficient Troubleshooting Steps To Resolve QB Error 15270
Technique 1: Validate, Whether Your Subscription Is Active
- For Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll: First, navigate to the Employees tab and then click on My Payroll Service, then choose Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences option. Then, Sign in to your Intuit Account to see the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page and check whether your subscription is active or not.
- For Assisted Payroll: Firstly, go to the employees tab, then tap a click on My Payroll Service>Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences. When QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance is open, then close the screen to verify the update instantly and verify your payroll service again.
Technique 2: Verify EIN and Service KeyWhen you are utilizing social security numbers in the place of employer identification number (EIN), then this error triggers or if you still have not registered a service key. So, you are required to validate these items in the QuickBooks Desktop. Technique 3: Download and Install The QB Tools Hub For fixing this error code, you can use the QB tools hub on your PC. Now, adhere to the following steps:
- Firstly, you are required to shut down your QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file on your computer where you can easily locate it.
- Now, you need to click to open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Then, adhere to the on-screen commands to install and agree to the terms and conditions to install the QB tools hub.
- As soon as the installation process finishes, just double-click on the icon on your Windows desktop to open it.
Expectantly with these troubleshooting steps as mentioned above, you would have countered QuickBooks Error 15270. If still needing further extensive aid, then just connect to our +1-855-533-6333.