QuickBooks is an incredible accounting tool especially customized for small-to-medium-sized business houses that commences multiple financial management tasks quite efficiently on a few clicks with its amazing features while sustaining its efficiency, quality, and speed concomitantly. But like every other application, QuickBooks is prone to technical errors & faults frequently and in today’s article, we are going to discuss one such error namely as QuickBooks Error 15215. Now let’s get into the details of it.
What Is QB Error 15215?
This error generally occurs when any consistent QuickBooks user attempts to update QuickBooks to the latest uploaded release of QuickBooks- an error message pops-up during the updation process and you might encounter QB error 15215. This error mainly triggers while performing payroll update or maintenance release.
Several Symptoms Of QB Error 15215
- As soon as this error appears, it crashes the running application on the window screen.
- QB Update Error 15215 gets shown on your window screen.
- Your PC every so often “freezes” for a couple of secs each time.
- Your Desktop PC gets corrupted with QB Error 15215 while running the exact same program.
Possible Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 15215
There are multiple reasons why this Error 15215 takes place as follows:
- Inappropriate configuration of Microsoft IE may lead to this error.
- Because of any malware or virus-infected Windows system.
- Incorrect setup or corrupted download of QuickBooks software.
- When any other application accidently deletes QuickBooks Payroll data files, this error occurs.
- QuickBooks validates the signature on files and when it is not able to verify the signature on any file that you are downloading during the update process, this error 15215 might take place.
Potential Rectifying Measures To Fix QB Error 15215
Method 1: Run QB Desktop as an Administrator
- Firstly, you are required to ensure that QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
- Now, hit a right-click on your Desktop icon and then select “ Run as administrator”.
- Then, again, you should click on “Yes” immediately after you get this message “ Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer”?
Method 2: Validate TLS 1.0 Settings
- To begin the process, firstly you have to close QuickBooks completely and then open Internet Explorer.
- Then, click on Tools and then choose Internet Options.
- Later that, hit on the Advanced Tab.
- Next, you have to click on Advanced Settings and search Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Now, check that Use TLS 1.0 box is ticked or not.
- Then, make sure that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not ticked marked.
- After completing this process, click on the OK button and close Internet Explorer.
- Ultimately, Reboot your PC and then restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- Also, ensure to check for updates if available.
Hopefully with these aforementioned troubleshooting steps, you would have fixed QuickBooks Error 15215. If you still require comprehensive help, you can directly call us on +1-855-533-6333.