QuickBooks Payroll is a remarkable accounting feature service of QuickBooks software, packaged with various enhanced features that commences multiple financial & payroll management tasks quite efficiently in no time but being a software mechanism, QuickBooks Payroll also emerges with frequent technical glitches & issues that might hamper the wholesome speed & work performance of the software. In today’s article, we are going to discuss one such error called QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036. Now, let’s get into the details of how we can troubleshoot this error code and its potential causes in a detailed manner.
What Is QB Payroll Error PS036?
QB Payroll Error PS036 is one of the most common error codes undergone by QuickBooks Payroll users. Once you experience this error code, it will not let you update your payroll to the current tax table.
Potential Causes Of QB Payroll Error PS036
- In such cases when the payroll subscription is expired or disabled.
- When miscellaneous payroll agreements are active with an inactive direct deposit agreement.
- When the QuickBooks application file Paysub.ini is damaged.
- When the QuickBooks company file has been damaged, this error takes place.
- When the Service key that you are utilizing is not correct.
- When your company file’s PSID is not correct.
- Incorrect EIN Number is also a prime cause for this error to trigger.
Simple Measures To Fix QB Payroll Error PS036
- Firstly download and install the current version of QuickBooks Desktop application and the Tax Table release.
- Now, just open the QuickBooks and log in to your Payroll Service Account.
- Now, navigate to Employee, My Payroll Services and Account or Billing Information.
- Then, just type your login credentials and then select the Sign In option.
- Later, restart your PC and once again download the updates.
- After that, access QuickBooks application and check whether your issue has been resolved or not.
- ini is a hidden file on windows, to search for this file initially we require to change the settings of windows folder options.
- Now, choose My Computer and then click on the Organize option.
- Later, just click the Folder and Search Option and then choose the View tab.
- After that, just hit a click on Hidden Files and Folders and choose Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drivers options.
- Now choose Apply and click on the OK option.
- Again, navigate to My Computer and in the search bar at the top, search the Paystub.
- As soon as you look at the Paysub.ini file, then just right-click on it and choose Rename option.
- Now, just rename the file extension as .old from .ini .
- Again, just repeat the same steps for all the Paystub files searched earlier.